The Bungalow Fairhaven.
The Bungalow, Fairhaven c1895. Built for Manchester solicitor
H.T.Crofton, it stood in splendid isolation on a high sand dune at the St.Annes end of Fairhaven
Estate. Alongside was a large freshwater pond. It was later acquired by Lord Ashton by
which time roads had been created and it was at the corner of the Promenade and Cartmell Road.
Henry Thomas Crofton (1848-1928) was a Manchester solicitor and
historian. He was Honorary Secretary of the Portico Library, Mosley Street and
a member of the Chetham Society. He also took an interest in natural history and had
several articles published in Lancashire newspapers relating to the Lancashire
Coast including one on Stanners and the Double Stanner at Fairhaven.