Cedar of Lebanon , 1930.
Cedar of Lebanon, Lytham Hall Park, 1930
According to tradition Thomas Clifton
brought a Cedar of Lebanon back from the Holy Land when he returned from exile after the
Reformation in 1660. The tree stood near the rose garden to the south of the hall until 1930 when
it was blown down in a gale. It was nearly 40 feet high and had a girth of about nine feet.