Sale of Land, Blackpool, 1831
A larger than normal sale of land in Blackpool, held at the Lane Ends Hotel, 22nd
August, 1831. The sale includes:
The Fox Hall; and surrounding land in the occupation of Samuel Swarbrick.
Tullet Hey, 12 acres of pasture land fronting the sea, on the s.w.side of Fox
Rushy Hey; 9 acres of meadow land at the south end of Blackpool, in the occupation
of Cuthbert and William Nickson.
Old Meadow or Moss Pits Meadow; 5 acres of land at the
south end of Blackpool, late in the occupation of Thomas Nickson.
Hawes Farm; on Layton Hawes (Blackpool Airport site?) and 58 acres of land in the
occupation of Richard Rossall. Also 52 acres of farmland (4 acres were sand dunes), between
the Lytham-Blackpool Road and the sea.
Stoney Hill; Cottage and 70 acres of pasture land in the occupation of Robert
Benson. The land was bordered by the seashore, Lytham-Blackpool Road (Lytham Road) John
Clifton's estate (Manor of Lytham) and was well fenced off with a stone wall (parts of the pebble
wall still exist fronting properties on Lytham Road).
Cottage and 4 acres of land; in the occupation of James