Lytham St.Annes Coat of Arms
Lytham St.Annes, Lancashire, England

Photograph of a temporary light railway on Blackpool Promenade,1911. 

  Temporary light railway, near the Clifton Arms Hotel, Blackpool Promenade, 1911. It was used to transport sand from South Shore, along the promenade to North Shore in order to extend the promenade around the town's Metropole Hotel. The line only existed for about four months from February 1911 and the engine pictured was "Horbury".