Lytham Baths, 1926
This picture shows the transformation which is proceeding at the corner of
Dicconson Terrace and Central Beach, Lytham. The building left intact on the right is part of
the old Assembly Rooms and the Yacht Club, and that from which the front has been pulled down
is the old Urban District Council Offices. This has been incorporated in the baths
reconstruction scheme. The builders are engaged on the new facade to the Beach and Dicconson
Terrace, having rebuilt up to the first floor. The main entrance to the baths (at the rear of
this building) will be in Dicconson Terrace, where a handsome stone portico is being erected.
The entire scheme is estimated to cost about £30,000.