The Glendower Hotel, St.Annes.
Click here for the Glendower Hotel website.
The Glendower Ladies College, North Promenade existed in the 1890s until about
1909 when it was converted into the Glendower Holiday Apartments. About 1918 the adjacent
property was purchased and the Glendower Hotel was created.
In the 1930s the hotel was enlarged by the purchase of two adjacent
properties and these were joined via an extension. The hotel was at this time owned by the
During the 1939-45 War some Government departments were moved to Lytham
St.Annes. The larger hotels were requisitioned with the Glendower Hotel
housing the Ministry of Home Security. This letter concerns Government grants for air-raid shelters
In the early 1980s the hotel was owned by the Lewis family and since about 1984 by the Howarth
family. It is now a part of the Best Western Group.