Rossall - Old
Ordnance Survey Map 1909
Lancashire Sheet 43.05; intro by Alan
Publisher: Alan Godfrey Maps
(20 Oct 2006)
This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main
map covers the area east of Rossall, from Fleetwood Farm eastward to Fleetwood Salt
Works and the Ammonia Soda Works, both owned by the United Alkali Co and later part
Though this is a largely empty landscape, features include Burn
Hall, Burn Naze Halt - a platform-less station opened in about 1908, the Preston
& Wyre line plus the old direct line to Fleetwood (by 1909 called Burn Naze
Siding). On the reverse is adjacent sheet 42.08 which covers Rossall School and
also the northern part of Cleveleys.
The map links up with Lancashire sheet 43.09 Thornton Cleveleys
to the south.